Saturday, September 5, 2015

Glacier National Park - Heading Home

I didn't think I'd have much to write about today, but I've taken quite a few pics already and it's not even 11:30am. We still have an hour before our plane leaves. This morning dawned with heavy clouds and rain once again. Looks like they're in for a few days of this, which really sucks for those travelers here for the Labor Day weekend. We didn't have much to do this morning since most of our packing was done last night.

Breakfast for the last time at our favorite little dive, Two Medicine Grill. We both had their blueberry pancake and breakfast eggs special. And, of course, coffee for me. 






I said something to our server about how good the coffee is and he told us we would be passing by one of their stores on the way to the airport. I love supporting local Montana coffee and even more so when he said they support local Glacier charities. I was so tickled when we actually found the place inColumbia Falls and picked up a couple of bags. I'm gonna milk this stuff as long as I can. I love the smooth flavor.



The weather was pretty bad. Lots of low clouds and at times the rain was pretty heavy. Thankfully, the closer we go to the airport, the lighter both the sky and the rain were. We had turned in the car, checked in and we're through security by about 10am. The flight leaves at 12:30. I think we beat the rush. 


Both flights were uneventful. It's pretty amazing to be able to go from Northern Montana to Virginia Beach in 6-1/2 hours, which includes waiting time for changing planes. The only hiccup we had was getting our bags once we landed in Norfolk. It took over half an hour once we deboarded. Crazy. 

We grabbed some grub at Whiskey Kitchen on the way home. Sure is good to be home. Going on vacation and doing all those fun things is awesome. But there's nothing like home. 

Another trip bites the dust.



No comments:

Post a Comment