Saturday, September 6, 2014

London, Day 2!!!

After an early breakfast this morning we were outside in front of the hotel before 9am to catch a bus to Buckingham Palace. Then we found out that particular bus would be another 30 minutes later. So instead of standing around waiting we hoofed it. Took a few pics and then walked to The Royal Mews (where the carriages are stored) and waited for it to open at 10:00. I have to admit, it was cooler than I thought it was gonna be. They really did things up back then and the more ornate your stuff was, the classier you thought you were. LOL Yeah, I know - that's coming from someone with no class, right? I mean, really. Look at this thing!!! That is one fugly carriage ...


The next stop was Royal Albert Hall in the Kensington area so we did hop on a bus to get there. On the way to RAH we went by Hard Rock to see if anything in the store jumped out at us. It didn't. Same old stuff in every Hard Rock. I will have to say the Royal Albert Hall was pretty cool. We had a great guide and he made that hour fly by. It was quite interesting and an awesome hall. I'd love to see a show there. The acoustics are amazing. No pics on the inside - bummer. Maybe I can find a couple online to insert here.



Since we weren't taking the time to stand in line and tour Buckingham Palace, we figured we'd try to catch Kensington Palace and it wasn't far so that's where we headed next. It's actually where Williams and Kate have made their long term permanent home according to a little blip on the wall next to their portrait. We were less than impressed. It was a self guided "tour," and it was far from a palace from my perspective. Most of the rooms were completely empty except for paintings and portraits on the walls. It didn't appear there had been much upkeep done at all and it was hot as blue blazes in there. Good God I thought I was melting. Seriously. To me, the whole "tour" thing of this "palace" was just plain bogus. It was more like a delapidated sparsely stocked museum. I'm so glad we had a London Pass and didn't actually have to pay for this. It would've been like being raped. Yeah yeah yeah, drama queen here. :) Honestly, it was so ugly I didn't even take any pics of it. That's pretty bad. 

Our next stop was high on my list of must do's this trip! We took the "tube" to Kings Cross Station. Hehehe. Do you know what's at Kings Cross Station??? Platform 9-3/4 don'tcha know!!!!!!! He he he he he ..... So friggin awesome!! Here Bob thought I was nuts (yeah what's new) and that I'd be the only one wanting to do this. Uh huh. There was a bloody line and they had people taking pro pics for you!! It was da bomb!!! So fun!!!


So really, what can top that? Not much I'll tell ya. But maybe this ... Seeing The Lion King at the Lyceum Theater in London, that's what!! Wow. Amazing!!! After picking up our tickets at the box office we went next door to The Wellington for dinner and finally got some famous fish and chips. The fish was very good, the chips not so much. They weren't bad, just not anything special. But that's ok ... Because WE WERE GOING TO SEE THE LION KING!! :) I even got a t-shirt the says London on the back!! How's that for cool?



We ended up walking back to the hotel and I played with a few night shots along the way. Nothing frameable but pretty cool. Tomorrow night is supposed to be clear and should be a great night for some pretty images. Hope so!! That's all for today.



Ta ta!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment