Monday, October 27, 2014

Crafting weekend!!

We (Missy, Robin & I) try to plan this at least twice a year. Usually in the spring and fall since that's the off peak time for the Outer Banks. It's a weekend of creativity, laughter, slumming in pjs and fun. Friday morning I'm running around trying to get everything together in one spot to pack the car, while still leaving plenty of room for all Robin's goodies. After all, she brings it for us anyway. :) We stayed at Uncle Pooh's cottage in Avon (thanks Christine!). It was a little bit longer drive than Kitty Hawk but not too bad and we had quite a bit more room. And according to Missy, the biggest perk was the Dolphin Den is right across the street.

After we unloaded the vehicles, selected bedrooms and trashed the place (not really, that came later in the evening and the next day LOL), we walked across the street for dinner. We should've taken pics of our meals. Each one was excellent!! Missy got the flounder, Robin chose scallops and I caved the for shrimp (yes, fried). Sigh. Soooo delicious. Good thing we walked back to the cottage. 

The first thing I did was change clothes and strip my face. Getting ready for some serious crafting. A clock for my craft room and Christmas cards were on my agenda - and whatever else caught my attention. It took a while for the juices to start flowing so I just decided to begin somewhere and pulled out my gelatos and see what happened. This was the result:





It was 1:30ish before we called it a night. Up and atem again around 8:30am I pulled out another canvas I had brought. It was a flower canvas I started during our last weekend back in March. It came together quite nicely I think. 





Finally I brought out my clock to work on. Missy had been working on hers and it was looking pretty damn good. She has a new toy, Silhouette Cameo, that she brought for us to play with. It's a really cool gadget. It hooks up to your computer and cuts files for you. And oh the things it can cut!! She's had this music tree file saved from a tattoo library for a while. Turned it into a cut file and put it through her cameo. There was a learning curve, I won't lie. But the end result is fabulous!



 So ... I started preparing my box. Pretty tickled with my results too - until Robin used my favorite color on hers. Long story short and too much gut time later I "gessoed that bitch" and started completely over. So it went from this:

To this:



AND THEN!!!! ... I decided I had some music stamps that would really look perfect on the background ... At home. Ugh. I put her out to dry and pulled out stuff to start on Christmas cards. Pinterest is always a delightful distraction looking for ideas. Played for awhile, kept some ideas and tossed others. I do love the ugly cards Missy threw my way. I'm going to make them gorgeous and use them for my templates. Eventually the desire for sleep won out over the desire to create.  .... Yup it was around 2am again.

Up around 8:00, we didn't get much done before it was time to start cleaning things up and packing things away. The place was trashed. Truly. It's amazing we could find anything to work with. Missy lost her cutter early on and it was right in front of her face. None of us saw it for hours. It was a weekend full of country music, paint, ink, inside jokes, laughter, food, drinks, light bulb moments, creativity, bonding and much more.

Peace bitches ... Love you!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment